Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Blog Assignment #8- Master Shot

We haven't edited our project yet- we are meeting at Kenan tonight at eight to create our rough cut for tomorrow's class. So I don't have much to say about editing as of now, but I can post about shooting the Master Shot Project. We met on Saturday to scout the location and go to Halloween Express. Early Sunday morning we began production and wrapped somewhere around two or three. I had a lot of fun that day, and felt like I learned a lot. I thought our group did a good job staying positive when we encountered unforeseen problems. Working with lighting is brand new to me, and the lights proved to be critical to the film set. We we’re working in a dark room with fabric over the windows. We wanted a dark and ominous look, but not dark enough to the point where you couldn’t see the character’s faces. With only one power chord in the light kit, we had to get creative. In the end, I thought everything worked out fantastic. I loved the look of our shots and had a great time on the day of production.  

No comments:

Post a Comment