Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blog Assignment #7


The Master Shot project is the first experience I have ever had with using previsualization materials. Now that I have used them once, I can’t see myself going to make any other film without creating storyboards, overheads and a shot list. They are extremely helpful with planning your movie and making your production process go a lot smoother. I am responsible for lighting so I created the overheads. The first set was a very rough draft, because I had not yet seen the storyboards or the shot list. After meeting with my group and checking out the previz materials they made I have created a new set of overheads. These are much more precise and congruent with our shots and scene. The most difficult part of preplanning was drawing the overheads without seeing the storyboards. Now that my group has all of our materials ready I am eager and excited to start production and get some hands-on experience with lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment