Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blog Assignment #1


Blog Assignment #1
Kelley Presson
1/15/13
(me and my mom)

This passed summer I worked as an intern for the Art Department on a movie called Safe Haven that will be coming out in February. I had many different jobs and they varied every day, but I mostly worked under the set decorator and the graphic designer. Helping them out with whatever they didn’t have time for, which was usually replacing labels or decorating things like mailboxes, gas pumps, and store shelves. Throughout the summer I also worked together with a production assistant to organize and coordinate several extras and volunteer kiosk stands that were going to be used on a 4th of July festival set. Some days were less exciting than others, a lot of time I was there to get people lunch and coffee, or to run things back and forth from the set to the production office. I didn’t mind though, because I was able to go on set and to see what really happens when a movie is being filmed, which is all I ever hoped to get out of the experience.
In this course I hope to expand my cinematic vocabulary while also learning more about certain aspects of film that I have always been curious about. These things include, but aren’t limited to, animation, experimental filmmaking, editing and sound. I am still not sure exactly what I would like to do in film, so it would be nice to get a better idea of exactly where I want to go with this degree. I would also like to learn how to better collaborate and work with a group on movie projects.
In ten years I would like to be financially independent, working in the film community and doing what I love. It is hard to say exactly where I would like to be because I am undecided as to what exactly I want to do. My dream job would be scriptwriting, because I have always enjoyed writing, and I feel that I have a unique imagination and could possibly create stories worthy of being brought to film. Or sometimes I think I belong working with sound, something about an image moving perfectly and simultaneously with music or sound has always fascinated me.
Something not film related that you don’t know about me? I love pugs! I am going to get one one of these days and probably name him Baxter 

1 comment: